LeapForWord is a people and purpose focused organization. LFW is driven by a bunch of passionate people who are inclined to a larger purpose. We are keen to attract and nurture people who will fit it into our space, work together with a clear purpose, yet maintaining their individual motivations.
We invite you to join hands with LFW in our endeavor to transform our country into an English literate country, where no student is left behind, only because he/ she doesn’t know English.
We currently have opening for the below mentioned position:
Title:Product Development Team Member (Graphic Designer)
Role (Purpose):To Design & Produce different learning products (Books, Teaching Aids etc) appropriate to the content developed in physical & virtual forms.
Primary Responsibility:To Develop & Deliver products (eg: Books , Teaching Aids etc) for all the activities at LeapForWord namely Program, Marketing, Community Engagement etc.
- Work closely with the Content Team and develop a clear understanding of the content – Its purpose & its intended user.
- Illustrate content related concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers and the Training Team to develop a clear understanding of what product forms are best suited keeping in mind different constraints like: Cost of Production, Nature of Content & the Learner’s profile
- Post product development; work closely with the proof-readers to ensure all corrections are incorporated.
- Coordinate with vendors – viz. printers, DTP operators etc – invite quotations, recommend appropriate vendor and finalize order post approval. This activity is applicable for both First prints (new products) & Repeat prints (replenishment)
- Visit the field to get a first-hand understanding of how the learner actually uses the product and identify areas of improvements.
- Incorporate feedback from the field – through self-visits, trainers or the community outreach team – to continuously enhance the quality of the product
- Develop, Maintain & Update the products page on the LeapForWord website
- Work closely with the Community Outreach (online) team to increase online distribution of learning products.
Skills / Qualities :
- Creative mind – capability to visualize.
- Conversant in using graphic designing & publishing tools eg: InDesign , Coral draw, Photoshop, illustrator, etc
- Good Time management skills
- Willingness to dive deeper and commitment to perfection
- Willingness to take initiative in pursuit of improving existing products and developing new products .
Please send your resume along with links to your online portfolio to : email@example.com